Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Did you miss me?

Yes, I'm back. As you can see, I haven't blogged for a year. I know my scores of readers have all put their lives on hold during my hiatus, and I deeply apologize for the resulting national economic slowdown.

So, let me explain why I disappeared for a year. As you know from several postings, I was working with Albeo Technologies when I disappeared, and I still am. However, I was doing so as a volunteer on my 'free time.' I had a day job the whole time, however, which happened to be in Colorado Springs, about 100 miles from my home in Boulder. Between Albeo, my day job, commuting, cycling, BSS and general parenting, blogging ultimately had to take a back seat.

Well, things have changed dramatically, and I am tremendously excited! First, my day employer sold the Colorado Springs division to another company, but retained my products. They requested that I relocate to California to work in the headquarters or at least work from my Boulder home. I decided against those options and agreed to a retention package through today, March 31. This set the stage for me to make a change.

As March 31 approached, another fortuitous thing happened. Albeo closed their first major funding round, which enables me, along with several others, to join full time and really hit the accelerator. I can now focus on executing for one company, rather than having such a schizophrenic work life.

In my next posts, I'll catch you up on other news and take a look forward at likely upcoming topics.

Thanks for sticking with me. I'm happy to be back.

No comments: