Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another startup I'm working with

I have posted several times here about SharedPlan Software, whom I have been working with for a couple of years. SharedPlan continues to develop and release products that deliver on their vision, and their revenue continues to grow.

However, like many entrepreneurs, I tend to be involved with more than one startup firm at a time because they develop at different rates and have different needs over time. For this reason, I also started working with another startup, Albeo Technologies, Inc., a few months ago. Albeo is developing and marketing a range of white LED light fixtures for use in the residential and commercial marketplace.

Working with two different startups simultaneously certainly can be taxing, but I find it keeps my marketing tools sharp. Marketing software over the Internet and light fixtures through various traditional channels would seem to be very different exercises, but at the end of the day it's still all about marketing fundamentals: identifying needs, defining products to meet those needs, and telling potential customers about those products.

In a subsequent post, I'll describe some of the challenges Albeo faces right now. I'm excited about the opportunities for LED lighting and looking forward to helping define the strategy to pursue some of those opportunities.

No comments: