Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm making a public commitment

I hereby announce that I am going to do Triple Bypass again this year. For those of you who don't know, it's one of the most difficult citizen's bike rides in the nation, with over 10,000 feet of climbing on a 120 mile course through the Rockies.

I have done the Triple Bypass once, in 2001. It was amazingly difficult, and I spent a couple of months in physical rehabilitation recovering, but it was one of the greatest events I have ever done.

I am finally getting around to committing the time to do it again. The reason that I'm telling all of you about it is that the more people I tell that I'm going to do it, the more likely it is that I actually will. Training for Triple is a huge time commitment, and it's very easy to let it slide when other things come up. This announcement is just my small way of ratcheting up the pressure on myself so that I follow through.

Maybe soon I'll publicly commit to writing that Next Great American Novel that's been floating around in my head.

No comments: