Friday, November 10, 2006

"Share the Road" license plates

I am an avid recreational bicyclist. In particular, I'm a road cyclist. In good years, I'll get in over 2000 miles riding on the shoulders of our local streets and highways. (My current bike has over 13,000 miles on it, so I think it's time to upgrade. That's a whole other post, though.)

Bicycle Colorado is a terrific and effective local advocacy group. For instance, they recently worked closely with the Colorado State Patrol and convinced them to rescind their new cap on the number of cycling event participants.

They're now sponsoring a petition to create a "Share the Road" Colorado automobile license plate. Proceeds from each plate will fund bicycle safety education programs across Colorado. If you'd like to sign the petition, go here.

And thanks for sharing the road with me.

No comments: